Monday, February 20, 2012

Whose are you?

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 

One of my favorite stories to tell of Emily when she was around two and a half.  She was in the kitchen as was I, and I can't remember what we were doing but she hurt her hand.  And like kids typically do she held out her hand to me to make it better.  So of course I kissed her hand and loved on her a bit.  Just after I let her go, a thought popped into my mind, I'm not sure how clean that hand was.  So I kind of  wiped my mouth off, as if that would really make a difference.  Then I look down at Emily and she's looking at her hand where I had just kissed it and she wipes my kiss off on her pants!  I couldn't help but laugh, because in that moment(as if I hadn't already known) I thought, "yep, she's mine."  I think the story is funny and have told it several times.  Those who know me know that germs and I have, well, a relationship of sorts.  The kind where one of us generally runs away screaming. Preferably it's them. 


I sat and pondered this today as I was lying down with Emily at naptime.  And the simple thought comes to mind...I am the King's daughter.  Every little girl dreams of being a princess.  Well I am.  My Father is The King of Kings, the God of the universe.  But do other's know He's mine, and I am His?  I tell Emily often, that she's beautiful when she's in her pj's, when her hairs not brushed, and even when she's all dressed up for church.  And when we talk about being a princess I remind her that she needs to act like one, as should I.  Consider your words, your actions, your thoughts, your influence.  Can others tell who you belong to?

No comments: