Thursday, December 8, 2011

God Knows All About Me

I love the title to this post, just saying it makes me feel better.  One evening a few weeks ago, God tenderly reminded me of this.  It had been a very, very long day.  Our son Joseph had a procedure coming up on the tear duct for his left eye, and I had spent the day making phone calls verifying times and procedures, payments, and health insurance coverage and deductibles.  By the end of the day I was exhausted physically and mentally.  I literally could not think anymore.  Jason took Emily to dance class while I bathed Joseph and got him in bed.  After I got him in bed I headed for the bed too.  Before I crashed I wanted to spend some time in God's word.  Before I start I usually pray to ask for God to speak to me how He sees fit and that He would bless my reading to my spiritual nourishment.  This night my prayer was short.  I felt so overwhelmed, like I had so much to tell God about my day and the decisions to be made.  But I didn't even know where to start, so this was my prayer, "Dear Lord, there is just so much to say I don't know where to start, so please just hear what's on my heart."  Sitting on the edge of my bed, I began to open my Bible.  I looked over at the baby monitor to check on Joseph, and something caught my eye, so I took a closer look.  When we put him to bed lately he wants to take a book with him so we let him have a book to look at.  I had to look closely to see the book, but there it was face up right where I could read it, what I was seeing was the book he had in his bed that night, God Knows All About Me, by Kate Toms.  All I could do was to smile.  I loved this book from the moment I saw it, because the message it brings is so true.  I want my kids to know how precious they are to God, and that night God reminded me how precious I am to Him.  He knew all about my day, my phone calls, my financial concerns.  He knew what was on my heart and all the things I wanted Him to know but was to exhausted to actually say.


Jeremiah 1:5  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

 Matthew 10:30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

No comments: